Kusum Devi SunderLal Dugar Jain Dental College & Hospital is a unit of Shree Shwetambar Sthanakvasi Jain Sabha (Shree S. S. JainSabha), a benevolent organization marked by its various philanthropic activities. Its sole endeavor is to render services to humanity. Its wide aim is overall development of the society, particularly in the sphere of education, healthcare, moral and social awareness especially among the younger generation, paving the way for a healthy society. Since its inception, the Sabha is engaged in various social and charitable activities mainly in the state of West Bengal.
Other institutes running under the auspices of S. S. JainSabha are mentioned below:
- Shree Jain Vidyalaya, Kolkata
- Shree Jain Vidyalaya for Girls, Howrah
- Shree Jain Vidyalaya for Boys, Howrah
- Harak Chand Kankaria Jain Vidyalaya, Jagatdal
- Shree Jain Hospital & Research Centre, Howrah
- Tara Devi Harakh Chand Kankaria Jain College, Cossipore
- Kamala Devi Sohanraj Singhvi Jain College of Education, Cossipore
- Shree Jain Book Bank
- IGNOU Centre
The Society has been actively involved in various activities concerning the rural developments in the state of West Bengal as follows:
- Constructed one block in Deulia in Midnapore “Deulia Balika Vidyalaya” to start Madhyamik section in class IX & X.
- Opened one school at Sagar Madhavpur in the name of Tara Devi Kankaria Jain Vidyalaya handed over to the local Panchayat.
- Construction of a Primary School at Ashok Nagar and other places.
- Opened Computer Centers at eight villages of West Bengal.
- Started Self Employment Scheme for women for rural areas providing interest free loan to the women of weaker section for their self-employment up to Rs. 10 lakhs every year.
- Started one scheme under “Manav Seva Prakalp” Howrah, since 1995, under which about 150 extremely poor old persons of about 65 years of age, are being distributed free ration every fortnight.
- Scholarship for higher education.
- Already provided interest free loan to 600 people and the same is given to 100 people every year.
- English Medium School, Sushila Devi Pannalal Kochar Futuristic Academy at Rajarhat
- Lakshmi Devi Peer chand Kochar Jain College of Nursing