Separate hostel accommodation facility for boys and girls is provided within the campus with full time Hostel wardens for both
Single, double and triple sharing rooms are available. The rooms are semi-furnished and with an attached bathroom and kitchenette. Well ventilated, spacious rooms with high quality furniture and attached bathrooms with 24 hours running water are available. Modern designs and furnishings of the rooms are a trademark of our hostels to ensure comfortable stay for our students. There is attached vegetarian mess providing hygienic food. The recreation facilities like television rooms, magazines very well equipped gymnasium, provisions for indoor games like TT, Carom and Chess, badminton are also there. A designated area has been provided for outdoor games like volley ball courts, football and cricket playing.
Comfortable stay with hygienic food, 24×7 security services and an amiable environment makes it a perfect “home away from home” for the residential students
Allotment of Accommodation
1. Hostel accommodation is allotted at the discretion of the Principal/Dean on a “First Come First Served” basis. The allotment is done on condition that the student agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the hostel.
2. The Principal/Dean/Warden can refuse hostel facilities without assigning any reason /remove a resident from the hostel at any time on disciplinary grounds, in which case, the student may even be required to vacate the room at short notice.
3. Students may also be required to shift to alternate accommodation at short notice due to administrative reasons.
4. No booking / reservation will be entertained on telephone / E-mail.
- Students must occupy rooms allotted to them only. They are not allowed to change rooms without written permission of the Warden. However, students have the option of pairing up within the first few days, in consultation with their Hostel Warden. Change of accommodation from one room to another is generally not permitted during a term.
- The rooms allotted to the students at the time of admission are for a limited period of up to one year or less. If a student fails to occupy the allotted room within a specified time, it can be cancelled. Students will forfeit their rooms if they fail to clear all their dues to the hostel by the given day. In such cases, they will be asked to vacate the hostel.
- The Warden reserves the right to break open any room which is not vacated, pack up the belongings and store it. No complaints of breakage or loss will be entertained. The Warden can also break open the rooms in case of any violation of hostel rules, suspected unlawful activities or on the basis of security risk perceived.
- Once a student vacates the hostel, he/she will not be re-allotted hostel accommodation for a minimum period of six months. Every attempt will be made to provide hostel accommodation to all students. Residents who wish to vacate the hostel are to meet the Warden to start with the formalities. Permission of the parents along with certain documentation is mandatory. The refund rules while vacating rooms are given at the end. If there is a vacant seat in the room, the duplicate key of the room must be deposited with the Warden of the block to facilitate allotment of the vacant seat to another student.
- No student should stay away from his/ her room during night, without prior written permission of the warden. Students, who wish to leave the campus temporarily or otherwise, should obtain the permission of the warden in writing. The application for permission must state, the date and time of his/her intended departure and return, as well as the destination. All these details are to be entered in the in-out register maintained in every hostel.
- The students are advised not to keep large amount of cash or valuables in the room. The students are responsible for his/ her belongings inside the room.
- Insurance of Laptops/ Valuables: It is the responsibility of the Hostel residents to get their laptops and valuables, if any, insured themselves.
- Any damage/breakage to hostel property will be charged to the occupants of the room/ block with a fine. Disciplinary action will also be initiated.
- Cooking in hostel rooms is not permitted.
- All instructions/ notices displayed on notice boards in the hostels will be deemed to have been read by all residents and excuses for non-compliance of rules and instructions put up from time to time will not be accepted.
- SUBSTANCE ABUSE, CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL AND SMOKING / CHEWING OF TOBACCO AND RELATED PRODUCTS IS STRICTLY BANNED IN THE HOSTELS AND IN THE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS.
- Playing of loud music or disturbing fellow hostel inmates will not be permitted. Use earphones while listening to music. Playing outdoor games inside the hostels/corridors is not permitted. Silence Hours will be observed from 10 p.m. to 06 a.m. on all days.No noise of any sort will be permitted during the Silence Hours. Serious action will be taken on the breach of this rule.
- Partying in the rooms/corridors or anywhere in the hostel will not be permitted whatever be the occasion. Residents must not go to another’s room and disturb the inmates. Complaints from other residents will be investigated and action taken accordingly.
- Fire Hazards and Safety: Candles and incense are a fire hazard and are not permitted in the hostels. Combustible materials such as gasoline, paint thinner and oil lamps are not permitted as well. BURSTING CRACKERS, CARRYING CRACKERS TO THE ROOMS AND LIGHTING OF LAMPS/CANDLES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN AND AROUND THE HOSTEL PREMISES AT ALL TIMES.
- Residents must switch off all lights and fans, and electrical appliances including mosquito repelling machines, if any, before leaving their rooms.
- The Warden or his representative may enter any room for verification at any time of the day or night. The management reserves the right to break open the rooms in case of violations of hostel rules, suspected unlawful activities and security risk cases or where the student is absent from his room for a long period without prior information or any valid reason. This will be carried out by the security personnel in the presence of the hostel Warden and at the discretion of the Principal/Dean. The items in the room will be listed by these officials and kept in the store room. A verbal report, followed by a written report will be sent to the higher authorities.
- Proxy or dummy room-mates are forbidden. Strict action will be taken if accommodation is held as proxy. They are liable to be removed from the hostel. Residents are not permitted to allow their rooms to be used by others. All visitors and non-residents including students from other hostels must leave the hostel/ other students rooms during nights. No unauthorized person will be allowed to enter or stay in the hostel premises. If the residents happen to find any such person, they should demand the permit/ Identity Card. And if it is not forthcoming, the matter should be brought to the notice of the Warden.
- All hostel inmates must report any disciplinary matter or problems concerning them or their room-mate/neighbour (s) coming to their notice to the Warden directly. In case their room-mate is absent from the room or is sick / admitted in the hospital or is in any kind of physical/mental trouble or is indulging in any bad practices the same must be immediately brought to the notice of the Warden.
- Televisions are not permitted in the hostel rooms. Television is provided in the common TV rooms in every hostel.
- Giving the room keys to any person other than Wardens, in good faith is at their own risk. The residents must lock the rooms and their lockers with their own locks.
- The entry of all males is strictly forbidden inside ladies’ hostel except on University official duty with valid passes. Likewise, ladies are not permitted to enter the gents’ hostels.
- Damage of Hostel Property, Any damage to hostel property will be made good by the residents who are responsible for such damage. This includes driving in of nails, defacing of walls, damage to fixtures and furniture. Fine will also be levied in addition to disciplinary action.
- Complaint(s) must be entered in the register(s) available with Administrative Office of the College. The complaints will be attended to expeditiously and are monitored by the Wardens. Residents are not permitted to employ any outsiders for any such job
- Hostel wardens would be residing in the hostel premises to ensure a smooth functioning of the hostels which will be conductive to learning for the students, by closely monitoring the day- to- day operations and administration.
- Students have to pay the hostel fee as prescribed by the University and a refundable hostel deposit along with the College fee at the time of admission to the college. The hostel deposit will be utilized for recovering costs related to damages/ breakages caused the students to the properties of hostel/ mess.
- Students seeking admission in hostels must apply for the same at the time of Admission to the College.
- At the time of hostel room allocation, students should produce the receipts of the hostel fee and hostel deposit to the concerned hostel authority.
Hostel Rules and Code of Conduct for Hostellers are as Follows
- A student cannot proceed on leave without prior permission of the Principal / HOD.
- The parents should give their consent in writing for the students leaving the hostel for any tour. Also, hostellers are required to inform the concerned hostel wardens about the same.
- Students are required to update phone/ contact numbers and mail address and details of local guardians to respective the respective hostel wardens and College Authorities.
- Students have to keep the College Identity Card always.
- Students, who want to go out of the hostel premises for any work, will be issued out pass mentioning the reason and duration. Students shall be producing the same to the warden on returning back to the hostel.
- Hostellers have to be inside the hostel premises before the hostel closing time.
- All hostellers have to be present and to report at the time of attendance.
- Any student remaining absent without prior intimation will be liable to disciplinary action.
- No parent / guardian / visitor or any person is allowed to stay with the hostellers in their rooms.
- Students preferring staying in hostel during and festivals or any vacation for Professional examination preparation/ Practice etc., should take prior permission from the Principal/Dean.
- No girls are permitted in the boys hostels and no boys are permitted in the girls hostels.
- Students should not get involved in any unlawful activity.
- Strict action will be taken against any students involved in the ragging. No leniency will be shown to the offenders.
- Accidents or sudden illness should be immediately reported to hostel wardens.
- Entire college campus is a Smoke free Zone.
- Strictly vegetarian food is allowed in the hostel premises.
- Students have to keep their rooms neat and tidy.
- Students have to dress appropriately in the hostel premises.
- Students have to report to warden for any maintenance work or in case of any problems.
- Students have to save electricity (switch off the fans and lights leaving the hostel room) and water.
- Students have to maintain discipline inside and outside the hostel premises.
- Students have to lock the room and take care of the belongings.
- Using individual heaters, coils are not allowed in the hostel rooms.
- Consumption of alcohol, smoking or use of tobacco, narcotic drugs, possession of obscene pictures, posters, pornographic materials, lethal weapons or inflammable materials and the related products are strictly prohibited in the hostel premises.
- Hostellers are not expected to be stay in the hostel during class hours. However, students who is not well is may stay back in the hostel during the college hours with doctors’ advice.
- Hostellers should not create disturbance in the corridors or play sound system with speakers or any other types of electrical and electronic appliance / gadgets.
- A recreation room and television room facility is provided in the hostel premises. Hostellers are allowed to use these facilities as per the hostel timings.
- Celebrating festivals using crackers, playing colors or with plain water are strictly prohibited inside the hostel building. Celebrating festivals require special permission from Principal and Dean of the college which has to be produced to the respective hostel wardens. However, hostellers may celebrate birthdays in the hostel premises with prior permission from the concerned hostel authority without disturbing other hostellers.
- Hostellers will be informed about any change in the rules and regulations of the hostel through notices/ circulars. All hostellers shall abide the revised hostel policy, rules and code of conduct.